Aim of the Program:
The program is to prepare competent Bachelor of Science nurse graduate to function independently or in collaboration with multidisciplinary health team members in the care of individual, family, group and community regarding preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of health.
Graduates function on the basis of human healing process, holistic approach and PHC perspective in nursing practice, education, administration and research.
The program duration will be of 4 academic years
Total Seat:- 30
Eligibility CriteriaTo be eligible for selection to the Basic B.Sc. Nursing course, a candidate should have:
- Completed Intermediate of Science or 10+2 or equivalent with English, Mathematics and Science (Chemistry, Physics, Biology) and should have secured an aggregate of 50% or more marks in English, Mathematics and any two of the science subjects mentioned above.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Entrance Examination + Interview for Nepali citizen
- Interview only for foreign candidates
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit by the School of Medical Sciences.
- Nomination from Government of Nepal.
The full marks for the Entrance Examination will be 100 and the duration of the examination will be of 2 hours. The pass mark is 40.
Entrance Examination will be compulsory.
- The entrance examination will be including relevant questions on: Sciences (Chemistry, Physics and Biology)
- Full marks for the entrance examinations will be 100.
- Questions will be MCQ type
- The duration of the examination will be of 2 Hours.
- Successful candidates can apply to any of the institutions under Kathmandu University
- The interview for admission in affiliated colleges is done separately by the colleges according to their rules.
Fee structure 2017
a. KUSMS Dhulikhel:
- At Admission: NRs. 506,000/-
- Beginning of 2nd Year: NRs. 192,000/-
- Beginning of 3nd Year: NRs. 198,000/-
- Beginning of 4th Year: NRs. 204,000/-
- Total Fee: NRs. 1,100,000/-
Hostel Fee : NRs. 2,000 per month (Only residential)
b. Affiliated Colleges:
Candidates should contact the concerned colleges for Tuition and other fees.