BACHELOR OF MIDWIFERY (B.MID)
Seats : 10
Midwifery is a health profession distinct from Nursing. Midwives provide skilled care to women during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, as well as care of the newborn; they also provide sexual and reproductive health care to women throughout their lives. It has been globally acknowledged that a strong presence of professionally educated and skilled midwives, supported by their local health systemto practice to their full set of competencies, results in significant decreases in maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality rates.In recognition of this, and to meet the Sustainable Development Goal 3 (relating to good health and wellbeing), the Nepal Government is supporting the UNFPA’s effort to develop the midwifery cadre. The Bachelor of Midwifery is a key component of this strategy and KUSMS is proud to be taking a leadership role in this, by being one of only two institutions in Nepal to offer this degree.
The program duration will be of 4 academic years
- Successfully completed 3 years proficiency certificate level of nursing from a recognized institution and should have secured an aggregate of 50% or more marks.
- Minimum of one years of work experience after successful completion of the proficiency certificate nursing course. Preference given to those who have been working in maternal and newborn health, family planning and reproductive health or other women’s health services.
- Be in good health and be physically and mentally fit.
- Entrance examination will be compulsory
- Personal interview will be taken by concerned institution
- The full marks for the entrance exam will be 100 and the duration of the examination will be of 2 hours. The pass mark is 50.
- Note: candidates will be selected on the basis of merit
- At Admission : NRs. 1,66,300
- Second Year: NRs. 1,15,800
- Third Year: NRs. 1,16,900
- Total Fee: NRs. 3,99,000