MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MIDWIFERY
Seats : 4 (2019)
To further extend the development of a technically competent, socially responsible and internationally recognized Midwifery workforce, the university has introduced Master of Science in Midwifery (MSc.Mid). The MSc.Midis designed for graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing who seek to expand their knowledge and understanding of the care of women and their babies along the childbearing continuum. The program is believed to form the staging ground for midwifery leaders in current and emerging health systems, to produce professional midwives who can assume the responsibilities as advanced clinicians, researchers, educators, managers and administrators across diverse settings.This two year program will be viewed as an equivalent course by international universities which will broaden the areas for their career advancement.
The program duration will be of 2 academic years
Year 1: Educational Science; Research and Biostatistics; Midwifery Part I; Prepare and submit proposal for research project
Year 2: Health Management & Leadership; Research and Biostatistics; Midwifery Part II; Research project dissertation
- Have successfully completed 4 years B.Sc. nursing or minimum of 3 years Bachelor in Nursing Sciences (BNS) from a recognized institution and should have secured an aggregate of 60% or more marks.
- Have minimum of one year of clinical or teaching experience after successful completion of 4 years B.Sc nursing or minimum of 3 years Bachelor in Nursing Sciences (BNS).
- Be registered with Nepal Nursing council.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of entrance examination followed by counseling.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit by the School of Medical Sciences.
- Candidates already registered in one postgraduate program will not be allowed to change another postgraduate program. To change the subject he/she has to sit again in the entrance examination.
165,000/- to University at
First Year tuition
fee: NRs. 2,79,125/- to University at admission
Second year tuition
fee: NRs. 4,44,125 /- by the beginning of second year
Total NRs. 8,88,250/-