M.Sc Nursing Program
Seats : 4 (2018)
Guided by its Mission of producing technically competent, socially responsible and internationally recognized health workforce, the university has introduced Master of Science in Nursing. The MSc.N program is designed for graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing who seek to expand their knowledge and understanding, to function effectively as nurse educators, nurse managers and nurse researchers to assume advance practice and undertake leadership roles in adult health. This two year program will be viewed as an equivalent course by international universities which will broaden the areas for their career advancement. Successful candidates will be able to select their Specialty Area from Medical-Surgical, Child Health, and Community etc.
The program duration will be of 2 academic years
Year 1: Educational Science; Research and Biostatistics; Specialty Subject Part I; Prepare and submit proposal for research project
Year 2: Health Management & Leadership; Research and Biostatistics; Specialty Subject Part II; Research project dissertation
- Have successfully completed 4 years B.Sc. nursing or minimum of 3 years Bachelor in Nursing Sciences (BNS) from a recognized institution and should have secured an aggregate of 60% or more marks.
- Have minimum of one year of clinical or teaching experience after successful completion of 4 years B.Sc. nursing or minimum of 3 years Bachelor in Nursing Sciences (BNS).
- Be registered with Nepal Nursing council.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of entrance examination followed by counselling.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit by the School of Medical Sciences.
- Candidates already registered in one postgraduate program will not be allowed to change another postgraduate program. To change the subject he/she has to sit again in the entrance examination.
165,000/- to University at
First Year tuition fee: NRs. 2,79,125/- to University at admission
Second year tuition fee: NRs. 4,44,125 /- by the beginning of second year
Total NRs. 8,88,250/-